Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: North Carolina, VirginiaOther ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Discovery Referee, Early Neutral Evaluation, Fact Finding, Med-Arb, Mini-Trial Judge, Special Master
- Practice Commenced: 1995
- Total Mediations (as of May 2021): 2000
- Total Arbitrations (as of May 2021): 50
Allen Schreiber’s value and credibility as a neutral are rooted in his extensive and balanced trial experience, representing both plaintiffs and defendants.
As a litigator, Allen represented clients in all of Alabama’s federal, state trial and appellate courts.
On the defense side, Allen is a former member of the International Association of Defense counsel (IADC). In 1988, he founded an Alabama law firm that endures as one of the state’s top insurance defense firms. He represented AIG for 18 years. He has handled a wide variety of high-profile insurance matters, including director and officer liability, professional liability, excess policies, and disputes involving trucking, aviation, employment, and coverage.
Examples of his plaintiff experience include serving as co-lead counsel in a nationwide case, Morgan v. Family Dollar, which went to the U.S. Supreme Court and resulted in a final resolution of $49 million. He was also co-lead counsel in litigation involving a nationwide case against Dollar General, which was also resolved by way of settlement. Most recently, in 2020 the U.S. District Court in Illinois preliminarily approved resolution of a $25 million result against Sturm Foods in a multi-state class action under The Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
In 1995, Allen began mediating disputes involving business disputes (including breach of contract), malpractice, products liability, wrongful death, personal injury, fraud, negligence, health and general commercial liability, aviation, trucking, municipal liability, education, wage and hour, and employment disputes.
Allen has been included on the American Arbitration Association’s panel for consumer, employment and commercial arbitrations. He is a Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers honoree for alternative dispute resolution, and he holds the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating.
Best Lawyers recognized Allen as Birmingham “Lawyer of the Year” in Arbitration (2019) and Mediation (2017).
- Banking & Finance
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Health Care
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Non-profit Organizations
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fellow, American College of Civil Trial Mediators, Board of Directors (2017-2020)
- Fellow, National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, founding member
- Fellow, Alabama Academy of Attorney Mediators, founding member
- American Arbitration Association: Commercial, Consumer and Employment Panels
- Alabama Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Admitted in the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama
- Admitted in the U.S. Supreme Court
- Admitted in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Admitted in the U.S. District Court for Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- Alabama Super Lawyers, Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Best Lawyers in America, Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Best of US, Arbitration Law
Rates and Payment Information:
$4000.00 full day
$2000.00 half day
$400.00 study time
Cancellation penalties may apply.